The Lacy House

Posted Posted in Benjamin W. Lacy, Dubuque Mansions

The Lacy House opposite Jackson Park was built around 1878 by Mr. J. R. Robinson, Esq., a prominent Dubuque lawyer. As far as can be determined, the architect’s name was Naescher. Jackson Park itself is of historical interest, the site having once been the first cemetery in the area where Indians and whites were interred. […]